Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,640   Online: 795

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    In the past I had a VLS501. As Ralph already stated the automatic function is not that helpful as you may think.
    But here some remarks as I remember them.

Somewhere on the head there was a insignia clarifying for which paper it was calibrated.

You can test it's function through printing a stepwedge in grade 5. Expose so that a step somewhere in the middle on the print has a density of D=70-75. Compare with a medium grey card. Without changing the print time, make prints with other grades. The density of the field you set to middle gray, if your head is working al right will be the same in all prints.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Gary, many tahnks, but why i have to start from grade 5 and not for example from grade 2 or 2,5? There is a specific reason that i don't understand?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A grade 5 will give a higher precision of your exposion time then lower grades.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin