Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,822   Online: 1070

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I said drill a hole in the spout, there is no pressure in a faucet spout when the taps are tuned off.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Temperature is an important variable. The example shown measures in 4 degree F increments which is pretty coarse. I would not cut corners on measuring temperature.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    Temperature is an important variable. The example shown measures in 4 degree F increments which is pretty coarse. I would not cut corners on measuring temperature.
    I agree that the first link with the pet tank thermometer is not a good idea.

And check this out; it's pretty cheap... (search "threaded thermometer")
    http://www.houseneeds.com/shop/Heati...ugebuypage.asp
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Automotive water temp gauge with NPT threads. 1/4 copper tee, some assorted adaptors, and you're done.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a Delta One version avaiable at Calumet:
    http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/DT2021/

I'm certain you could make something simpler than that using a T to allow access for the thermometer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    clayne, that sounds like a good bet except that most automotive gauges I have seen don't go low enough.

The Delta one on Calumet is of course a beauty, but as with most darkroom gear, it's function doesn't justify its price.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    McMaster has dial thermometers with standard plumbing threads on the back side. They list one for kitchen use for $35 with threads and a range of 0-200°F and an accuracy of ±1°. That may work.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    McMaster has dial thermometers with standard plumbing threads on the back side. They list one for kitchen use for $35 with threads and a range of 0-200°F and an accuracy of ±1°. That may work.
    Another was is with a tubing compression fitting. Solder that on the tee, put the thermometer stem through and tighten the nut. That's how mine works.
    What bothers me is a darkroom in the laundry room. In my experience, laundry rooms are full of lint. I would never have a darkroom anywhere near one. Just IMHO.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bsdunek View Post
    What bothers me is a darkroom in the laundry room. In my experience, laundry rooms are full of lint. I would never have a darkroom anywhere near one. Just IMHO.
    You are absolutely right. But it's either this darkroom or NO DARKROOM....
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine is next to the laundry. I ask all that empty the dryer lint screen to gently pull it from the dryer, lay it gently on the dryer, and then mist it with a little water pump spray bottle we keep on a shelf above the machine. That turns the lint into a damp mat. the screen goes back into the dryer, and the top of the dryer gets wiped with this soggy bit of lint, before it goes in the trash bin.

The concrete floor is also painted, and I periodicaly vaccuum the laundry room floor, and around the appliances themselves whan vaccuuming the adjacent family room. This keeps the dust to acceptable levels.

I have a pair of small room air filters in the laundry and darkroom. I turn them on in the morning when I am going to print that night, particularly in the winter when the relative humidity is low.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin