Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,171   Online: 874

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Well, no answers, so I suppose everybody else has the half centimetre of space between the through and the extremity of the lift.

Fabrizio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    been busy but photos would really, really help if you have any. Hard to diagnose otherwise and a photo might reveal something we missed and I could compare to my cpp-2

Shooter
    35mm
    OK here are two pictures, taken with the camera near the water sink of the red basin.

In the first, No_finger_lift_up.jpg, I hope it can be seen that the extremity of the lift which is further away from the motor does not lie on the red plastic, it remains around 5 mm detached.

The second picture, With_finger_lift_down.jpg, I hope shows that if I press a finger on the extremity of the lift, it will go down until it lies flat on the red plastic.

As soon as I remove the finger, the lift goes anew in the first position, slightly detached from the plastic.

This small lack of level might not have an effect on a drum for 1 35 film or on a drum for 2 35mm films, but I do suspect it would keep a bigger drum quite out of level at its foot.

Is this normal?

Thanks for any help
    Fabrizio
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No_finger_lift_up.jpg   With_Finger_lift_down.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see exactly the same thing with my Jobo. However, when I put in the drum, the weight of the drum acts like the push of a finger and it levels out.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got perhaps 2-3 mm gap but as PE said, it's moot once the drums go on. I wonder if the rods are bent or possibly the trough. At the risk of being annoying <bg>, would it be possible to see photos of the rails as seen from the front (end of rails would be on the right) ? Also, if they were uploaded a bit larger that would he helpful as well. From the photos above, things look pretty well like normal so it shouldn't present any processing issues that I can foresee.

Good luck.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here are the pictures of the rods (they look straight in this part of the lift, I have some doubts about the part where they "disappear" in the black box). I also reposted the previous pictures in a bigger size.

With the biggest drum I have (Jobo 1520, two 35mm rolls) the lift remains up.

As you can see from the picture from above, the rods are not really parallel to the raised ridge of the through. I dismounted and remounted the lift but it seems to fit just in one position. All the "couplings" of this machine seem to be quite approximative. I had to scrap the plastic parts that connects the rods so that the raised ridge "enters" inside the gap in the plastic parts.

As somebody says, it is all quite "unGerman". The level of water should be 3 to 6 mm inside the drum but at the minimum water level the water rinsing in the drum is way more than 6 mm. I level the machine putting the level in the spine halfway the red through (between the flasks and the lift). I obtain a different measure of levelling if I put the level on the back ridge.

Thanks for your support

Fabrizio
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails With_Finger_lift_down.jpg   No_finger_lift_up.jpg   Rods_above_three_quarters.jpg   Rods_above_vertical.jpg  
    Last edited by Diapositivo; 10-22-2010 at 04:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Fabrizio.

Things look normal to me although, and it can be the angle of the photo, the white roller block looks off a bit, pointing back to the lift. When I'm running 1500 drums, I just use the black rollers and use extra rollers only if I'm using the drums stacked long.

If you're concerned about the levels, I'd think that levelling for the drums would be more important (lift side higher by a couple of mm's) presuming it's not that far off. A couple of mm's off level shouldn't mean much to the reservoir or trough I'd think.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Fabrizio,
    that all looks normal for the 15xx drums. If you are using a 30xx drum you need to flip the roller pieces around the other way and if you use a 25xx/28xx drum you take the rollers out of the extension pieces and mount them directly in the block.

It may be that you have a newer version lift with an older CPP or vice versa. I have found from experience that things don't quite line up correctly when you mix pieces of different ages.

Anyway, here's a link to the online manuals:

http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...log/index.html

Shooter
    35mm
    OK, I take it as sufficiently good a setup.

Yes I pushed the white rollers a bit in order to have them more or less in the "last third" of the drum.

Jobo instructions are contradictory, somewhere I read it is important to level the drum not the machine, somewhere else I read it is the machine not the drum which must be levelled.

My machine might be the result of some assembling. The black rollers are a little thicker than the white ones, for instance.

Thanks to all for your help. I don't doubt I will have to resort to the forum soon, as soon as I begin smelling chemistry

Fabrizio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you're just using 15xx drums, I'd just go with the black rollers since they're much smoother rolling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin