Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,821   Online: 1148

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Geary, Kevin comes down to our valley area often. Why not invite him over to see your new darkroom?
    Well Aggie,
    Great minds truly must think alike!! While you were posting this, I posted an invitaion to do a Bay Area get together in Member (Dis)Organized Functions!!
    So many great folks on the site that I would love to meet in person and see their work!!

That being said, Kevin, or anyone, is welcome whenever I am home. See the darkroom, check the refer for a cool one, whatever!!

Cheers,
    Geary

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Thank you for all the adive. What happened when I did the foundation I wasnt thinking abotu the studs and drywall therefore I short changed myself abit and I didnt at the time think I was going to add a toilet. Major mistake on my part. I only envisioned a bathroom when I started laying the subfloor.

So my box is 12x24 and I also want to have a place to do framing and mat cutting in the front of the darkroom wall. The 3x5 bathroom really takes up more space than I planned. I was hoping to get away with 8x12 but it seems that it will not work to good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    However long you go for stick the light switch on a cord (pull) switch and run it the full lenght of the darkroom.

jss
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    you guys and your dedicated darkrooms.. i'm so jealous.

i have two enlargers (including an omega d2 for doing 4x5) in my small bathroom in my 1BR apartment! when i print 16x20s i have only room enough for two trays on the counter.. the fixer tray is on the toilet and i wash in a tray in the bath tub! necessity is the mother.... as they say. :-)

congrats on your new darkoom of *any* size!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    However long you go for stick the light switch on a cord (pull) switch and run it the full lenght of the darkroom.
    Boy is this true, I did NOT do this and keep having to go back by the door to turn on the switch, which is behind a rolling shelf. Oh, and put a good quality light in the room, I put a florescent one in (round) and the light is OK, but not good for working with the lights on.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Bigger is better, especially when talking about darkrooms.

I can't imagine working in a 8x12 darkroom, and probably even a 10x12. But that will all change when I go off to college...

My current darkroom is about 20'x30'. But that includes my work area (print mounting and framing) as well as a spacious layout, large wet side (about 6' x 20') and a horizontal 8x10 enlarger.
    -Jason Antman

"There is nothing worse than a sharp photograph of a fuzzy concept." - A. A.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    my darkroom is 13.5x13.5 foot for the dark part. There is a 10.5x13.5 foot room that is an office and print mounting area.

lee\c
    Last edited by lee; 08-18-2004 at 09:53 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: left off info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin