Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,968   Online: 1065

Thread: APS films?

Shooter
    Multi Format

APS films?

I have a couple APS cameras, and decided to find som film for them on the Bay.

But I have no desire to have the films processed, I want to do that myself.

However since my tanks will accept 35mm and 16mm films, my question is : where to find tanks or reserve spools for existing tanks that will allow me to develop my films myself? Don't worry about color or B/W, film is film, but 24mm is not 35mm!

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    For all my developing I use a very old Johnsons of Hendon bakelite tank. That has a single reel, one half of which slides along the centre post to accomodate the film gauge. The movable half is held in place by a spring clip that sits in the appropriate one of several notches in the centre post. It wouldn't be difficult to file an additional notch that would locate the reel at the correct spacing for APS film. As a bit of an experimenter, I've always thought of APS as a bit of a non-starter because of its complexity. For instance, with 110 one can cut down B/W film to fit the cartridges for self-loading, but I couldn't see how something like that could be applied to APS, which is a shame the charity shops here are brimming with some quite advanced spec APS cameras for pennies.
    Good luck - please let us know how you get on.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also have an old Kodak ARO tank, the one with a plastic correx band for 120 and 35mm. It strikes me, as an experiment I can roll the APS inside the correx strip.

You should start a business, picking up the APS cameras in your area - for pennies - and selling the to us on just a 10X rate, Im happy to pay 2 quid for a good example!
    and 10 times profit will make you rich, eventually! :-)

Erik

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin