Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,542   Online: 1066

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

durst condenser enlargers - f60, m700 etc - enlarger bulb

hi,

very hard to find definite information on this so i thought i'd ask.

is it true that some durst enlargers like the f30 and f60 have an adjustable enlarger bulb position? is this for focusing the bulb directly onto the condensers? or is the bulb's light reflected of a white surface onto the negative like a diffusion setup? is the m700 ( older ones, not the colour head models like the m605, 805 etc ) also similar to the f60 in lighting setup?

thanks for your help.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, in most (if not all) Durst bulblight operated enlargers, the whole lampholder is friction-mounted so it can be moved over the vertical axis. The goal is to place the brighter section of the lamp (which height varies from brand to brand and model to model) approximately in the center axis of the condenser/mirror/lens path. However, the light chamber is painted in white, so both direct and reflected light is used.
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    thanks Marco!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin