Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,638   Online: 807

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

enlarger bulb ph 211, 212 ,213 - european uk equivalent?

hi,

my enlarger, a vivitar e34 has fixed condensers and an unadjustable bulb socket. it's great with the original sylvania 211 (even lighting on the baseboard - less than 10% variance according to my enlarger lightmeter) but horrible with those common phillips photocrescenta bulbs which are a little smaller ( uneven lighting - over 1/2 a stop drop in the corners ) . so it seems that the condensers are made with a specific bulb in mind.

what would be european - uk equivalent in terms of voltage and size?

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sure that the entire light path is set up to work properly when used with a specific lamp. I can't help you with the European equivalent lamp, but the American version should work OK if you can get hold of a step down transformer - even better if you find one with a voltage regulator. You'll need to step 240 V down to 120 V. If I'm not mistaken, AC current in Europe and the UK is delivered at 50Hz. That shouldn't matter for this application, since it is nothing more than a simple light bulb.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PF607E/51 is an enlarger bulb that looks pretty close to a ph213 in 220V: https://www.interlight.biz/light-bulb/PF607E/51

Search around that site, they may have something closer to the ph211 also, if 250W is too much.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    II can't help you with the European equivalent lamp, but the American version should work OK if you can get hold of a step down transformer -
    Well, aside of a transformer you also need a new socket: E26 instead of E27.
    A minor issue, but I wanted to mention it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Well, aside of a transformer you also need a new socket: E26 instead of E27.
    A minor issue, but I wanted to mention it.
    The enlarger mentioned by the OP should already have an E26 socket. He says it works great with the original PH211 lamp which uses the E26 socket. The transformer will allow him to use the lamp that the machine was designed to use without modification. Plug the transformer into the mains, then plug the enlarger into the transformer.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    thanks everone.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin