Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,682   Posts: 1,482,236   Online: 1099

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep the plumbing should be dead easy to get to. If it's copper you only have to cut out two small sections of pipe for hot and cold, tee off from there and connect to a faucet. Use a ball valve on each supply somewhere so you can shut this water off separately if needed.

As far as the room goes you only need blackout material to make it light tight. However, you might need to add a vent because after blacking out you'll cut down on room venting.

I recommend the delta 96" abs sink.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As said many time if you got the cash jump on it.

I have a small darkroom in my spare bathroom. Here are a few pictures of it. It's kinda cramped and a little uncomfortable, but it works very well, has running water, good ventilation(via the fart fan), and I can print up to 11X14. My last darkroom I had a Beseler 4X5 enlarger but it is too big for my current setup, so the 67 enlarger is all I can do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darkroom1Sm.jpg   Darkroom3Sm.jpg   Darkroom2Sm.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, ya'll are so helpful! I am really looking forward to learning more from you guys!

***FART FAN*** - HAHA! And, oh wow, there's your enlarger right there on the potty! Genius!

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Remember too that while a bathroom can work -it will get old *very quickly*. By far the most tedious parts of darkroom work are setup and take-down. Running water and a sink help to speed this up and increase the value of time spent.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Yep the plumbing should be dead easy to get to. If it's copper you only have to cut out two small sections of pipe for hot and cold, tee off from there and connect to a faucet. Use a ball valve on each supply somewhere so you can shut this water off separately if needed.

As far as the room goes you only need blackout material to make it light tight. However, you might need to add a vent because after blacking out you'll cut down on room venting.

I recommend the delta 96" abs sink.
    Hole for the drain too. If you put the ball valves inside the wall if you move all you need to do would be shut the water off.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin