Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,409   Online: 1092

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Newb question on beseler enlarger

I have been thinking about starting to do my own 4x5 BW printing and thinking about bidding on a used Beseler 45MCRX enlarger w/ color head.

My questions are:
    1. Does it matter if it has a color head if I plan on printing BW?
    2. What questions should I ask the seller about the equipment to ensure it is in good working order?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    the color head will allow you to dial in the filtration, which is an advantage.

Be sure the bellows are not leaking, the motor works and it is in alignment.
    Depending on which version of color head, check to see if it needs a voltage stablizer and if so, is it included (it should be) also, if it is the blower type, is the hose in good condition.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks ann! I got sniped on my bid but will keep looking.

Mike

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

Careful on the color head

It isn't like using filters in that the exposure time changes with every change in filtration, not just between certain increments.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images

Careful on the color head

It isn't like using filters in that the exposure time changes with every change in filtration, not just between certain increments. You will need to figure these changes out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin