Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,649   Posts: 1,481,287   Online: 742

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any place you can find specs on those machines? Max pressure and heat? That would determine if it'll work or not. The actual mechanical nature looks similar.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking at the examples you referred to shows me that with one exception the platen size is quite small (around 12 inches). I think you would need the largest version which has a platen of around 16x23 inches. I was very lucky to get a 20x26 Ademco press for under $100 but a friend and I nearly did ourselves an injury carrying up the stairs to my spare bedroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah I moved a Seal 210M by myself and it's a back-breaker. 20x26 would be even worse.

I agree, the last one looks best. Remember that one can always press in phases if happening to be dry-mounting, for instance. Otherwise I doubt you'll be printing larger than 16x20. I personally don't.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Yeah I moved a Seal 210M by myself and it's a back-breaker. 20x26 would be even worse.

I agree, the last one looks best. Remember that one can always press in phases if happening to be dry-mounting, for instance. Otherwise I doubt you'll be printing larger than 16x20. I personally don't.
    IIRC the seal presses are a clam shell design. The Ademco is a Swan Neck Design with a 20 inch diameter "steering wheel" to move the upper platen up and down. The whole thing weighed about 180 lb fully assembled if not more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Twiss View Post
    IIRC the seal presses are a clam shell design. The Ademco is a Swan Neck Design with a 20 inch diameter "steering wheel" to move the upper platen up and down. The whole thing weighed about 180 lb fully assembled if not more.
    Sounds like a great time.

I remember the time myself and 2 friends moved a 375 lb engine/transaxle combo up a drive-way and into a garage - about a 20 foot total walk.

There was no backing out of that one once we were moving.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin