Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,819   Online: 1024

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega D2V

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Omega D2V

I upgrade from a Durst M 600 to a Omega D2v so I can print my 4x5 negatives. I have a 50mm lens that came with the enlarger and I had a 150mm lens around Schneider Componon? the old one with a metal look? I made a lens holder with a plastic and stick the lens into the enlarger to test. The problem comes when I try to focus. The smaller image I get that is on focus is around 19" by 15".

It doesn't seem right, I want to be able to start printing 11x14 but in no way I can get a sharp image that size.

I also changed the variable condenser lupe up and down just in case, but the position seems right, all the way up is where is supposed to be.

Is my plastic holder inaccurate? Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jaime.
    "Art is a lie that enables us to tell the truth" -Picasso
    http://www.jaimebermudez.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you running out of bellows extension? On Omega D2 series, if you are using longer focal length lens, you'll need a lens cone. If you are using a flat lens board, beyond 100mm or so lens, bellows won't extend enough to give you the correct focus. If you are saying you can get it to focus but the focusing isn't sharp enough, that's a different problem....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi, you will need an extension cone instead of a flat board for the 150mm lens. You can make one out of a can if you want. I think 3-5 inches tall would work.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You need 4 1/2 " lens cone - an Omega 421-102.

Courtesy of KHB Photografix (scroll down to the "Lens Mount" section):

http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/.../D2.htm#Mounts
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yeah, that seems to be the problem I run out of bellows. The image starts getting sharp and then I can't turn the wheel further. I am going to check into those cones.
    "Art is a lie that enables us to tell the truth" -Picasso
    http://www.jaimebermudez.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just want to say thanks guys. I just got an Omega D2 myself and have been struggling with this same problem.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My D2V also indicates that when printing with a 150mm lens you remove the "moveable" condensor entirely. Top position is for 135mm lens.

Cheers

Carey Bird
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbird/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, that's true, but moving the condenser lens will not affect the ability to achieve sharp focus. Having the condensers in the wrong position (or in position when it should be removed) will result in excessive light fall off at the edges of the frame.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jason,

I have an extra one. If you are in US, I can send it to you if you want to cover the cost of shipping. PM me if interested, please.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a cone with a bellows that was given to me by a guy that had sent his D2V to the dump. Anyone using one of these?

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin