Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,231   Online: 853

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mystery developing tank?

Some time back I bought a case of old dev. tanks on e-bay. Both plastic and steel tanks (not used by me).

One of the plastic tanks remain a mystery, it came without a top lid, and since it looks like none of the other I cannot use it. I have been looking on e-bay for something similar, to get it up and running, but so far no luck.

The good thing about this little tank is that the spiral is easily adjustable, and will take 16mm, 35mm, 127 and 120/620 films. Since I have 16mm cameras, my interest should be obvious.

I was wondering, from these pictures, if anyone remebers/recognizes this tank, and can steer me in the right direction for parts.

Or if anyone has one, but misses the spiral, and needs it desperately:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    could it be.. i'm gonna say err, a Sears tank?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I have looked at the GAF tank before (didn't know its name then), but there are differences : 3 vs 4 fixing claws for the lid, and no striations down the tank at the outside...

So I don't thin thats the answer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dehk View Post
    could it be.. i'm gonna say err, a Sears tank?
    maybe, never saw a picture of one, I think Sears was sold in USA only, I'm over in europe, here it was Johnson, Paterson and Jobo that more or less reigned the scene.

I have though, a Kodak ARO tank, its definitely not that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could be an old Yankee tank, they were generic and sold under different names including (I think)GAF. They need the plastic top and were agitated with a thermometer/handle.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin