Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,200   Online: 1095

Shooter
    127 Format

Patterson Auto Colortherm

I just picked up one of these as a very cheap alternative to a jobo system, and upon putting it together have discovered a few limitations that someone must have a workaround for...

In "film" mode you're supposed to to inversion processing - duh! There's a motor all set up for rotary processing paper. There MUST be a way to do rotary processing of film on it. Has anyone figured out how to mount the older style system 4 tanks (pre-super system 4)? They fit the motor end perfectly, but there's no way to support the other end.

I guess I could just use it as a thermostatic water bath but again there's a catch: the cups only hold 300ml - enough for 1 35mm, but a pain for anything else... unless you can rotary process it!

If anyone has/had one of these are there any tricks for processing film on it efficiently, or is it just a lame design?

Thanks

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 127
    or is it just a lame design?
    'fraid you got there in one!
    Makes a good foot bath for sore feet but that's about it's limit.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've used one for years. Yes, it's a pain to not be able to utilise the motor for film processing, but I'm used to it. I use it for 120 processing by keeping the developers in the Colortherm and the reversal and bleach-fix in a separate water bath.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin