Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,687   Posts: 1,482,352   Online: 826

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

non heating Jobo ATL 1000

Following on from “is my Cpe2 dying” I have come across a Jobo ATL 1000 that doesn't heat. I have trawled through the forums and found other threads that were resolved by the circuit reset button or in my case a piece of white plastic that doesn’t seem to do anything whether I pull it or push it so I have to assume it is something else.
    I have used a working one before so I know that I am not operating it incorrectly, the water jacket is filled up to the correct level and I can tell that the switch is triggered as the processor starts making a 'different' sound, but alas no heat. So my question is has anyone come across the problem and solved theirs?
    I have contacted our good friend Klaus in Germany and he has suggested that I try to power the heater separately and go from there. I am hoping that he is also willing to send me the machine diagrams.

Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good advice so far - isolate the heating element from it's control circuit. Then you can determine if it is a heater with an open circuit, bad connection, etc, or if the problems are in the control side.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    How to do this isolation thing? Is it dangerous? Quite interested to know. Sorry not helping.

BTW, I wast 1 day wonder about why temp. not working for my CPA2 and found that there is something called temp. overheat. I guess it must be the same for ATL1000. I got a ATL1500. WHen I go to the darkroom, I would check that button whereabouts as well. Just not sure I would touch anything. Not electrical man.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    the heating element is a copper spiral, if it is not damaged (like a light bulb, when it burns out) you should be able to test it with the multimeter for continuity. If there is no continuity, replace the heater tube, if there is you need to know what is the current that must be supplied to it, and then test the rest of the machine with the dummy load of approximately the same resistance similar to that of the heater. Although I am almost sure it is the heater if the rest of the functions are ok.
    Multum egerunt, qui ante nos fuerunt, sed non peregedunt.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    oh, and the isolation thing you do by disconnection the heater from the circuit.
    Multum egerunt, qui ante nos fuerunt, sed non peregedunt.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yesss! So after a lot of searching and being told that I would never find any new parts for the atl 1000 Original photo posted the board I needed in the classifieds last week. I jumped at it and he shipped it from China to England in 3 and a half days! I now have a working Jobo Now all I need is a cpe2 motor...Any offers

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin