Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,310   Online: 896

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use a very bright red LED - probably 1 W and it will fog my ISO 3 homemade emulsions (which are not pan) if left withing 1 inch for 30 seconds. About the same for paper. I've never had any issue with fog at all, for any length of time (including the 2 or 3 hours it takes to make a liquid emulsion) at distances greater than a foot. For B&W papers and lower speed ortho films, there is very little risk of fog with Red LED's in my experience. You have to actually try to fog the paper/ortho film. I use the same light with Arista Ortho film quite often, and have suffered no ill effects.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveOttawa View Post
    I've attached the SED of a flashlight that I measured
    Dave, how did you measure that ? I've had a few LESs with different centre frequencies I've had for a while, wondering what I would use to measure their response.

Rgds Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a set of red LEDs and strung them in my darkroom as safelights. It works well. I ran a test of exposing a sheet of paper for an hour with no fogging. You can also get orange LEDs too. I stopped using my Thomas Duplex safelight because the LEDs are so bright.

Take a look:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fad-Red-20M-...item3f20e362a2
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do a proper safelight test as per Kodak's instructions prior to using LED safelights.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Or even the quick-and-dirty CD test. You might be surprised.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin