Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,544,012   Online: 1066

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    We at apug have a special forum for ebay abusers. It has a defined 12 step wedge enhancement. Optics are rose colored. Timing is dependent upon number of abuses. Exit from forum strickly controlled by spouses. Picture taking encouraged, so long as no internet connection is involved.
    Ouch... My step wedge has 21 steps, and my favorite optics is warm-yellow from internal radioactivity. My timing is consistently off. Entry to APUG is strictly spouse- and work-controlled. I don't have a camera with me to work, but I usually have an internet connection... Am I getting too involved?

Congratulations with your new enlarger, Sean! Take a look at www.durst.it - if you've bought the AF version, it's supported until 2008. Just ask them for a manual!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Need the manual?

Nice one Sean. Good price.

(hopefully) I currently own the same model. MrCallow covered everything pretty well, nothing much to add. Especially correct about the 'autofocus' - it's really more focus tracking with the rise and fall of the head. It will probably require configuring. It's quite straight forward, with a grain scope.
    It does have a built in colour analyser. If you'd like a copy of the more extensive manual, I can lend you mine.

http://www.durst-online.com/uk/service.asp > Prod. Service shows this model is currently supported until 2008

....Just noticed Ole's post....

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I bought one of these too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I ended up selling mine a while back, just could not figure out how to work it..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one as well and really enjoy it although it is not the auto focusing model. Parts are not to difficult to find for the carriers but you defintiely need the instructions if you are going to get the most mileage out of it.

Regards
    Gord

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just got my AC800 configured for Fomapan 400 and MGIV some weeks ago and learned to push the right buttons in the dark. Well, usually you just need to push a single button to expose an agreeable print, it's almost too easy. This enlarger is a real gem of ergonomic design!

Also, figured out how to produce contact sheets and the machine works like a charm and actually makes the formerly so burdensome task of pulling contact sheets an enjoyable one. I had a backlog of more than hundred rolls of 35mm and I've now almost cleared that in a few nights.
    Last edited by jlehmus; 08-22-2007 at 07:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Images
    >>>if you've bought the AF version<<<

AF enlarger? I didn't know there was such a thing. Sheesh... with all my trouble focusing, that sounds like what I need!

I have a Durst M605. I don't think parts are made for mine anymore, but I've had no trouble really. I do have the name & number of a man who works on Dursts and knows everything about them, if you ever need it.

Have fun!

Janet

Shooter
    35mm
    A user guide for B&W printing with the AC800 is available free at www.durstac800.blogspot.ca

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin