Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,803   Online: 1089

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Split second decision left me with a Durst ac800 elite enlarger, seeking info

Hi,

I barely had time to research this enlarger. It looked so impressive and the auction was closing in 20 minutes I placed a low bid figuring I would never make reserve but it did! and I won it for $335US dollars! It looks to be worth far more than that and comes with 2 lenses. All of it is apparently in good condition. I've attached a screenshot of it, and will be driving out to pick up this bad boy on the weekend. Any insider info on this enlarger would be appreciated. It comes with a manual and is probably tricky to configure but with apug on my side I'm sure I can handle it. I am assuming it might have a built in color analyzer? Will I have any issues printing on VC paper? Also, I think it is autofocus? Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails durst.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This looks like the closed loop (builtin densitometry), auto focus, med. Format durst. I sold one on ebay for 1,600 last year, but never used it. The specs on it looked impressive, but the two AC L1200 seemed to be preferred by those who did use them. (AC may be cool in a production environment but for personal use, I don't know) The one I sold cost a whopping 16k new with 3 lens boards, 5 neg holders, and 3 lenses (it may have also had two mixing chambers)

Some of the features (as I remember)
    Reciprocity compensation on long exposures
    exposure compensation for lamp output
    Exposure memory
    auto filter pack settings
    auto density
    Pre sets for common sizes
    auto focus
    Speaks both german and italian (no english)
    35mm - 6x9 (which reminds me ours may have been an ac 960 elite)

I can tell you this the booklet sitting on the enlarger is not the * real Manual* , but the crap that is more promotional then instructive. The real manual may be tough to find and is required to utilize all the goodies if not the enlarger as a whole. It may also need a target neg to set the auto focus.

It has been out of production for at least 3-4 years. Beyond that i cant help you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We at apug have a special forum for ebay abusers. It has a defined 12 step wedge enhancement. Optics are rose colored. Timing is dependent upon number of abuses. Exit from forum strickly controlled by spouses. Picture taking encouraged, so long as no internet connection is involved.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    This looks like the closed loop (builtin densitometry), auto focus, med. Format durst. I sold one on ebay for 1,600 last year, but never used it. The specs on it looked impressive, but the two AC L1200 seemed to be preferred by those who did use them. (AC may be cool in a production environment but for personal use, I don't know) The one I sold cost a whopping 16k new with 3 lens boards, 5 neg holders, and 3 lenses (it may have also had two mixing chambers)

Some of the features (as I remember)
    Reciprocity compensation on long exposures
    exposure compensation for lamp output
    Exposure memory
    auto filter pack settings
    auto density
    Pre sets for common sizes
    auto focus
    Speaks both german and italian (no english)
    35mm - 6x9 (which reminds me ours may have been an ac 960 elite)

I can tell you this the booklet sitting on the enlarger is not the * real Manual* , but the crap that is more promotional then instructive. The real manual may be tough to find and is required to utilize all the goodies if not the enlarger as a whole. It may also need a target neg to set the auto focus.

It has been out of production for at least 3-4 years. Beyond that i cant help you.
    Thanks for the info! Well, I'll have this enlarger and my lpl c7700
    I suppose I'll try out both and see how I go, then sell one. I just found a guy I know in Wellington has one and has spoken highly of it. He also offered to copy the manual for me which is cool.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    We at apug have a special forum for ebay abusers. It has a defined 12 step wedge enhancement. Optics are rose colored. Timing is dependent upon number of abuses. Exit from forum strickly controlled by spouses. Picture taking encouraged, so long as no internet connection is involved.
    This is even worse, it's a New Zealand based auction site. I am powerless against it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hehe! I saw the topic and...

LOL!

mind you I was kicking myself the other day for missing a set of M645 ext rings that went for just over $100AUD cause I didn't wack a bid in straight away and then forgot about that auction!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Comming Soon...Sean's Camera Shack, everything you want about analog photography under one roof.....BTW, better star buying stock in this auction site Sean, I get the feeling you are keeping them on business all by yourself...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You need to find a less expensive use for the internet Sean, like a no limit poker site.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hehe, well, I've been behaving lately with the auction site, meaning I usually only buy after I sell something of equal value first. If I like this enlarger a lot, then I'll sell my lpl c7700 to offset the costs. I am considering blocking those auction sites on my firewall though!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Have you tried the 7700? I have the 6700 which I like and I think yours is an upgraded model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin