Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,379   Online: 1020

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    @Drew

The largest ABS pipe I was able to find was about 13" in diameter and you have to buy a 40-foot piece at an exorbitant price, whereas leftovers of 9" and 12" PE gas/water pipes are easily found... for free.

@Allen

Could you post some pictures of the tubes and perhaps some details about loading and filling/draining of the chemicals?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have some big drums that may work. I will get a chance to dig them out and measure them in a few days once my vacation starts. They belonged to local photographer Richard C. Miller, who was an early adopter of color printing here in L.A. (carbro, and then Ilfochrome).
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    One very annoying problem is that Fuji is no longer cutting either regular CA paper or Supergloss in 30X40 sheets. You have to purchase it in 32 inch wide rolls, which means you either have to make two cuts
    on the material or design a slightly longer drum. Another design problem is that the Jobo-style lids simply
    fills and drain too slowly for precise color work: a lot of chemistry has to get through a small hole. The CPI-style lid is far superior in this respect, with the chemical entering and leaving around the entire rim.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are several original caps for a 315mm pipe lying around in my darkroom,
    so I decided to do this to one of them:

The hole in the middle is fill-only and one on the right drain-only.
    Blue denotes half-open or mostly open sections.
    Any comments?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just got a new 51" scrap piece of D315 pipe for free. This one is made of PVC-U. The inner circumference is just over 36" inches, so with a paper spacer, the largest print stops at 36x50". Now off to perfect the cap design.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Friday View Post
    I bought the 24" tubes to develop my very large prints. 18" would have done the job, but I went with the next bigger size to make it easier to load.
    Allen, I am very interested in how the printing went with the 24" tube...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a line on a length of grey PVC-U thinwall for air ducting applications, it will be able to handle 33"x43" so it should work well with up to 42" rolls. It is opaque and fairly light too so with it being 10.75 instead of my 3063's 8" diameter, it might even work with my Beseler motor base. Denise mentions not doing a pre-wet for reasons of uneven development but I do it in my 3063 and find it promotes even development....?

I like using the 3063 for 20x24 so much that making the next size up seemed a no brainer.
    This should be a fun project...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin