Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,796   Online: 839

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Looking for a 30x40 drum and processor

I currently have a 30x40 drum processor made by Photographic Consolidated Industries. It consists of a base unit that rotates the drum back an forth like a JOBO drum processor and a drum that is the size of a small barrel for processing 30 x40 prints. I believe the machine was used by people making cibrachrome prints. The company no longer exists.

I am looking for a backup one or the 30x40 drum that goes with it. Does anyone know where I can get one or have one they are willing to sell?

Thanks for any considerations

-Stephen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Can't help you with that, I use sewer pipes with original end caps. Never seen one of these processors. Could you post some photos of it? Perhaps someone else might find it interesting too.

Thanks
    d_rookie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Steve

Are you using it for film or print?
    Jobo made 30x40 drums for print.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewillard View Post
    I currently have a 30x40 drum processor made by Photographic Consolidated Industries. It consists of a base unit that rotates the drum back an forth like a JOBO drum processor and a drum that is the size of a small barrel for processing 30 x40 prints. I believe the machine was used by people making cibrachrome prints. The company no longer exists.

I am looking for a backup one or the 30x40 drum that goes with it. Does anyone know where I can get one or have one they are willing to sell?

Thanks for any considerations

-Stephen

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Steve

Are you using it for film or print?
    Jobo made 30x40 drums for print.
    Bob, its prints. Are you sure that is not a 30x40 cm print/film size? I am looking for a 30x40 inch print size.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here's what I have:

Jobo 4202
    PE pipe - max. 20x24 inches
    PE pipe - max. 33x44 inches

So far I only did B&W in the two larger drums, as I would probably get uneven development with RA4 process. It works perfect in the 4202 drum, though. I was thinking of making a copy of the Jobo light tight cap with a cup from the end caps of the pipes. Would it work well for larger prints and larger quantities of chemicals?

d_rookie
    Last edited by darkroom_rookie; 11-30-2010 at 10:07 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I am pretty darned sure Jobo makes 30x40 drums for jobo prints, a cibachrome printer in Toronto did it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by stevewillard View Post
    Bob, its prints. Are you sure that is not a 30x40 cm print/film size? I am looking for a 30x40 inch print size.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I am pretty darned sure Jobo makes 30x40 drums for jobo prints, a cibachrome printer in Toronto did it that way.
    Bob, below is the link that Sirius Glass provided me above. Note, that the 4202 drum does a 30x40, but it is in centimeters and not in inches. The size of my 30x40 drum is huge and looks more like a 55 gallon barrel and could never fit into a JOBO processor.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...-unitimer.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    d_rookie - where do you get pipe and caps like that?

-Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    d_rookie - where do you get pipe and caps like that?
    Pipes were given to me at construction sites. They're made in Croatia, not very far from where I live, but I believe these are common and can be found anywhere in the world. The smaller one is 225 mm in diameter and the larger one 315 mm. Material is HDPE, and the caps, which are original and fit very tightly, are probably PVC.

d_rookie
    Last edited by darkroom_rookie; 11-30-2010 at 02:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin