Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,857   Posts: 1,583,089   Online: 917

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where is he shipping from and to? That sounds outragious. The alternative is to have him leave out the base(20-30lbs)and make your own when it arrives. I bought an entire DR from a fellow in Idaho and had it shipped to Pa, cost $75. Came with Unicolor motor base and several drums plus enlarger and all other sundry items for processing and printing.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On paper, you'll be making plenty of mistakes to start and there's no point in spending big bucks for Ilford paper while you do so. Freestyle's Arista.EDU Ultra papers and Adorama's papers are whole lot less expensive and they are good. When I first started using these papers, I figured they'd be good for contact sheets and casual work. I was wrong. I almost hate using these papers for contact sheets because they are that good. The Adorama paper looks and acts a whole lot like Ilford MG IV to my eye, while Freestyle's offering is a bit softer and warmer. A 250 sheet box of resin coated 8x10 from either supplier will set you back around $70. An equal quantity of Ilford MG IV RC is over $115. It's your money.
    Frank Schifano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin