Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,296   Online: 985

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Leitz Focomat V35 - Negative Masking

Hey,

So last night was my first darkroom session with my new enlarger, the Leitz V35.

The main thing I'm confused about are the masks that are controlled by little knobs below the film stage. There are 4 knobs, and they extend or retract masks from all 4 sides (if you had one, you'd know what I'm talking about). At first, I thought, AWESOME!, these are built in blades for cropping and what not. But that's not the case, because since they are a few cm's lower than the negative stage, they are out of focus and don't create a sharp line.

So what's the point... is mine broken or what? I don't think so, but I'm at a loss.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Two of them on my V35 do not function anymore. I think they are ment to avoid flair

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm, what kind of flair? It seems of limited utility, but maybe with different negative holders it would be more useful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do not use them anyway.

Here is a link which describes the masking knobs (avoiding straylight)

http://www.jollinger.com/photo/enlargers/leitz.html

By the way : fantastic enlarger don't you think ? I use it with a variocontrast module.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks henk. I too use the VC module, and yes it is fantastic. Probably the most solid enlarger around for 35mm, and so well thought out.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin