Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,337   Posts: 1,537,602   Online: 1087

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    One negative carrier for each format that you use. The chassis are the same, so why buy more of the same thing? Hence I have 35mm, 6x6 and 4x5. I could go nuts buy every size I think I might need in the future.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have some duplicates you can file them out.

I use the D5500 system, so you only need one holder and a bunch of inserts. However, since this stuff is so cheap or free these days, I have a separate holder for each popular insert size I use, so I don't have to swap inserts very often.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I own 2 enlargers a Beseler 67 and Beseler MX45 and I have a set of holders for both. 35mm, 6X4.5, 6X6, 6X7 and a 4X5 for the MX. The MX is in storage right now because it won't fit in my darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got two enlargers (did have 4 - 2 Meoptas, and 2 LPL 6x7s one colour head and one B&W) and have carriers for my 35mm, 6x7, 6x6, 6x9 and a universal one also (did have a 35mm mounted slide carrier as well for the LPL 6700MX).

When I had the 4, each one had 1 of each carrier, except a 6x7 (one only) - had to hunt for that for ages until I landed it!

If I could pick up spares I would - never know when you might need to replace one and they get more expensive every time I see them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have 2 enlargers (Beseler 23CIII and 45MX). They take different carriers, though. For the 23C, I think I have 3 6x6 ones - one ground out and 2 not. I just have one for 645 and maybe 2 for 35mm (one FF). For the 45MX, I have a 35mm (came with it) and a glass 4x5 one. I kinda wish I had another 645 one for the 23C so I could grind it out to be FF, but I've just used the 6x6 one and masked it.
    My dad maintains that you can never have too many C clamps in the workroom. I feel the same about carriers, but haven't started collecting, yet.

And someday I have to see Jeff and Eva's darkroom!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have just one enlarger-an Omega D2 with the variable condenser. I have one negative holder for each format I shoot: 35mm, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9 and 4x5.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    127 Format
    What's really hard is getting D5 carriers for previously common films that 'no one' uses anymore. I need to find some for 127 4x4, 126 Instamatic, 110 Instamatic. If I ever see them people want more than today's cost for an entire enlarger !
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I made some myself for odd sizes - using matt board and a spare anti newton glass from an old Durst enlarger - for instance for 24 x 66 mm - the format of my Noblex.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin