Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,932   Posts: 1,556,996   Online: 1116

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Aristo - New Replacement Lamps Available in Jan 2011

Some fresh good news here...

This morning I received a new email from Louise Kessler at Voltarc (LCD Lighting). She asked that I post the following new information for users of the former Aristo Grid Lamp products:

"The Aristo VCL4500 and VCL8100 Series replacement lamps have been progressing nicely in its re-engineering process. It’s been smooth enough that I believe that pricing and lead time information could be ready to send out by late January 2011. For those who have not contacted me previously….just send me a note so you are on my list. Please send the e-mail to: louise.kessler@voltarc.com

On another issue- the html pages for the old Aristo website are disabled, but don’t worry- The Aristo information has been archived in a new site - when you type in www.aristogrid.com it will re-direct you to where the Aristo information is being held. If you find I have left something out- let me know and I’ll see if I can find it for you."

For those users of the above Aristo VCL light sources, this is a new chance to order either replacement or backup grid lamps for these units. Personally I intend to do both for my VCL4500. Louise was understandably very excited to be able to offer these newly reengineered products to the analog market.

She also expressed gratitude to those who have previously purchased new replacement grid lamps for the Aristo D2 units. Apparently the response to this initial reengineering project was very good.

Louise has put in an enormous amount of effort to get this production restarted. I know for a fact that her superiors were not at all convinced that there existed any residual market for these products. If these products benefit you at all, a small word of thanks to her wouldn't hurt.

Louise's final line in her email was:

"Hopefully this will make someone’s holiday, I know it’s making mine nicer!"

For those of you active on other forums and websites where this announcement may be of interest, please feel free to cross-post this information to those locations. The greater the market response, the better the chances that additional replacement lamp products will be offered in the future.

Finally, don't forget to check out the new Aristo product line website referenced above. It's brand new. And as such is yet another commitment to an ongoing analog equipment market.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the update Ken. I am on her list for the VCL 8100. Curious about the cost though!
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    Thanks for the update Ken. I am on her list for the VCL 8100. Curious about the cost though!
    As am I. But given that the price point of the re-engineered D2-HI lamp came in at only $165.00 - pretty close to the original replacement lamp price, IIRC - I'm hopeful and keeping my fingers crossed.

Just having a chance to replace these lamp grids at all these days is pretty amazing. They would have to be grossly overpriced for me to pass on that opportunity.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Images
    Louise has put in an enormous amount of effort to get this production restarted.
    Louise is a champion!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcd View Post
    Louise is a champion!
    Agreed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Visibility bump for those who might be interested in these replacement lamps...

Ken

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I guess this is a good post for the new Industrial News forum, Ken.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    I guess this is a good post for the new Industrial News forum, Ken.
    I hadn't thought of that. I just posted a message to Sean in that forum, so I guess we'll find out.

Thanks.

Ken

Shooter
    Large Format
    I purchased a Aristo D2 from Louise. Delivery was faster than her estimate of three weeks. It was extremely well packed also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A further note from Louise regarding possible pricing for the VCL4500 and VCL8100 replacement lamps:

"I saw the note as to the price… on the forum… I don’t know yet… depends on final production process, time and labor… The lamps were not inexpensive to begin with... but should be in a similar pricing range as Aristo... I’ll know more towards the end of the engineering process."

Ken

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin