Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,422   Online: 856

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

My contrast dials are possessed?

So I'm using an omega c760 dichro head that I attached to a c700 stand with the proper adapter piece. I think the contrast dials are possessed? They keep changing themselves randomly.

At first I thought it was because I was moving things around while I focused, but then I realized that sometimes I make sure it's perfect, press the go button, and after the print is done the dials have moved themselves around without me ever even touching the contraption. They don't feel too loose, but maybe I'm just used to them?

Each color does it randomly, but they always go up. To be fair there is a ghost that does actually hang around my darkroom...

is this a common problem? How might I fix it for cheap/free?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Possesed??
    Well Sean, the owner of this forum, has got another forum that handles such issues...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a look at one of the C760 heads I have. It seems that the knobs are just press fitted it place, friction holding them in place. Since the filters are spring loaded to pull down and if the knobs are loose the filters would pull down, increasing the filtration. It may be possible to tighten up the white plastic dials on the inside by pressing them forward, that's my best guess as to how it's put together. The outside knobs just pull off - maybe a piece of foam placed around the shaft could be used as a friction washer. Or do what I did - pick up another enlarger just for the spare head.

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about a wave washer sandwiched between two doughnut-shaped pieces of Tyvek?

The wave washer would supply the tension to hold the knobs in place and the Tyvek would provide just enough slip so the friction doesn't cause undue wear.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some days I complain about the inconvenience of the filter drawer on my old Durst M-300 but at least it can't be possessed like that LOL
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I swear my enlarger was possessed before, but figured out I over lubed it later.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I over tightened the balance spring on mine. Every time I loosened the carriage lock it would slowly start to rise.
    It was funny at first but I finally had to take it all apart and fix it.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    Some days I complain about the inconvenience of the filter drawer on my old Durst M-300 but at least it can't be possessed like that LOL
    Don't bet on it. Well, maybe not the filter drawer, but the filters.

I need to remember who borrowed my step tablet so that I can figure out which of my Multigrade filters need exorcism (via the trash can). Last night I got inexplicable (or at least unexpected) large contrast jumps between #3 and 3.5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, some of my old MG filters have degraded, that is true. I'm probably overdue for a new set except that I am looking at getting an enlarger for 6x7 now and it will likely have a color head.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    hmmm im gonna give the wave washers a shot and see if that works... if not ill try that thing from the inside with the plastic... and if that doesn't work ima callin in the priest lol! Thanx!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin