Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,476   Posts: 1,542,654   Online: 785

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    The "hallway" darkroom at my old employer.
    David what was the width of that hallway?

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a darkroom in a closet, once upon a time. No plumbing, of course. Washed stuff in the bathroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A lot of good advice.

The basic space you need is the table to hold the enlarger and three processing trays. If you have a separate wet area and it is dark, you just need the darkroom to hold the enlarger. It can be 4' x 5'?

For people with very limited space, a kitchen, laundry, bath or mud room is a wonderful place to house the processing equipment, be BW processing trays or a Jobo for color processing. You can put them away in closet when you do not use them.
    A photo amateur
    Sinar P2/F2/Nikon F100/Bronica ETRSi/GS/Saunders 4550XLG/Jobo CPP2/CPE+/Colorline 7000

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    stack prints in a holding tray until I have sufficient to make trip to the bathroom, where I have an archival washer.
    I have one of those in my bathroom... although my wife refers to it as the shower.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My 'dark area' is in a room about 6' x 12'. However, the actual space I have for printing is just enough worktop space for the enlarger and three trays as the room is used for other things as well. The running water is in the bathroom which is the next room along.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by macandal View Post
    David what was the width of that hallway?
    I don't really know, can only guess. I left there in 1987. Probably 4 feet at the most. (Look at the picture) It was essentially a 10-12 ft. kitchen counter with a single bowl kitchen sink right in the middle. As can be seen in the picture, the enlarger (a medium format Phillips) hangs off the edge of the counter. I had more space not seen in the picture for storage, but it did not contribute to "darkroom" operations.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin