Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,348   Posts: 1,682,515   Online: 670

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrichard View Post
    Maplins sell mains voltage LED lamps rated at 1.8 watts. Problem is they are on a GU10 fitting and so far as I can find you can't get a bayonet to GU10 adapter to allow easy fitting to a bayonet socket. So I bodged a couple onto old bayonet fittings (don't think you can get them now either) and put them in my 2 Kodak Beehives. Didn't have the nerve to do without the orange filters already there so I put them back in. Gives a more directional light which I have tested and found safe with max-flashed Ilford MG paper for 10 minutes on the enlarger baseboard, about 6 feet from the nearest beehive.
    Maplins used to quote a wavelength for these lamps which come in several colours but I notice in my latest catalogue, now a year old, that they no longer do, though they do for other LEDs.

Richard
    I have just located Bayonet Cap to GU10 adaptors on Amazon - they come from HongKong, very cheap. I have seen several LED bulbs on the links in this thread, but they all seem to be Edison Screw. So I have ordered a couple of the adaptors. As I noted above I bodged amber LEDs into Kodak beehives but have kept the rather ancient amber filters in, to diffuse the light which is otherwise rather directional, and, as I now have found out, to suppress those random spikes of other wavelengths.

And apropos the bulbs seen in links, some of them have orange or red glass globes - are they white LEDs with coloured glass? Because that is not the same as an amber LED - or is it?
    Richard

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It's been 6 years, have you received any word from China yet? Menard's was selling these for $1.49 yesterday so I nabbed a few.

Quote Originally Posted by imush View Post
    I called Westinghouse about these:

http://www.elightbulbs.com/Westingho...LED-Light-Bulb
    http://www.elightbulbs.com/Westingho...LED-Light-Bulb

and they promised to inquire about the wavelength from the supplier in China and get back to me in a few days.
    Nice work. You have a very talented computer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Oh..the old link doesn't work but here is the bulb

http://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-0.../dp/B000UQ1Y0Y
    Nice work. You have a very talented computer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I made a safelight with many very deep red LEDs. The effect is probably like Ken's LEDs plus Rubylith. It allows a high light level, but as someone noted above, it's not the most pleasant light in which to work. In addition, I now use a home made amber LED safelight for short inspections towards the end of development. It is so much better on the eyes, and near the end of development for a short time has no deleterious effects.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin