Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,731   Online: 874

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Images
    My darkroom is permanently set up in a 8'x6' bathroom that's in our guest room. However, I've made it so that it can be a bathroom again in less than 10 minutes.

I bought wire shelf units, approx. 18" deep x 5', and have two of these permanently mounted 18" below the ceiling. All trays, wash tub, and misc. stuff stores up there. A third unit is at work height, and holds the trays of chemicals (only two trays: developer and TF-4 fixer. I use water as a stop, and because of the TF-4, don't need hypo clear for fiber prints). My enlarger is on a rolling table, and is backed up into the shower stall. When company comes, I roll it out and into a closet. I have a hose sprayer attached to the faucet, and use a plastic tote as a wash tub.

If I didn't have water, it would be easy enough to to fill the tote with water and carry it into the darkroom. However, a hose into your pantry sounds like a great idea. Sealing any light leaks from the hose should be a solvable problem.
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by matt miller
    You'll find that the lack of running water is much less an inconvenience than having to set up & tear down your darkroom every time you want to use it.
    Trust me (and Matt) on that one! Having to set up/take down your dark room is a MAJOR PITA!! If you don't have a perment darkroom you'll also need a place to store everything. If you use the bathroom, you'll end up storing all your stuff in the pantry.
    Take the pantry and use a big bucket 'o water for holding the prints untill it's time to wash. Much easier!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin