Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,907   Posts: 1,584,612   Online: 921

Shooter
    Multi Format

Round Plexiglass Diffuser for Cold Light Head

Hi guys and gals,

After doing strictly large format and contact prints for the past couple of years, I've started also using a medium format rangefinder. So, I'm now setting up my almost-30-year-old Beseler MX-II with my equally-old Aristo cold light head, which still works, remarkably!

My problem is that I can't find the plexiglass diffuser that sits beneath the tubes of the cold light, so I need to obtain or make a new one.

I've never worked with plexiglass, so... do I just buy a small sheet of 1/8" plexi and cut it to the (square) size I need, then cut/sand the corners until it's round? What do you use to cut plexiglass?

TIA for any advice you can offer!
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Plexi can be cut with a fine tooth saw or multiple scoring by a very sharp utility knife.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Take your measurements to a plastic outlet such as TAP Plastics and they'll cut it perfectly for a few bucks. Look in the Yellow Pages under "plastic fabricators."

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like TAP's locations are all on the left coast, but I should be able to find a similar place here.

Thanks, guys!
    "What drives man to create is the compulsion to, just once in his life, comprehend and record the pure, unadorned, unvarnished truth. Not some of it; all of it."

- Fred Picker

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have one , the unit has a broken bulb and i couldn't sell it that way and i kept it for parts, pm me and we can work something out if you wish. It was purchased from Aristo .
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin