Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,586   Online: 1025

ITD
    Shooter
    35mm RF

Help using DeVere 507 with Cathomag and VC paper?

Hi

I've acquired a DeVere 507 beast with a Cathomag cold light head. I don't have a compensating timer so was planning on leaving the light on to keep it warm and only turning it off whilst locating paper. Is that likely to be effective, or are there other ways of doing this?

I've also read about issues with using VC papers with these types of heads. How bad are these issues, and what do people do to get around them? I've read some suggestions to use a yellow filter of some kind, but I'm not sure whether that would be to place above the negative or below the lens. Can I just buy a sheet of the right type of gel?

Thanks
    Paul
    Last edited by ITD; 01-21-2011 at 09:33 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Remove ambiguous thread title

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin