Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,513   Posts: 1,543,586   Online: 1117

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Another mistake in developing

Here is a mistake that I made that might benefit others. Using fresh D76 and other chemicals I ended up with very thin Ilford FP4+ negatives. Finally I discovered that I had misread the online Ilford development chart. The chart has three columns with times for EI of 50, 125 and 200. D76 is way down the list and the column headings were not visible. Using the first column times resulted in underdeveloped negatives, of course. Time is 33% longer for 125 rating. I have printed and highlighted the sheet so I will not make the same mistake again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the tip.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Images
    I did that too. Sure made me feel dumb.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin