Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,089   Online: 758

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images

help ID these mystery items

Hi, I found these two aluminum parts when I was cleaning out a darkroom. Not sure what they are. They seem to be machined aluminum. They are identical and have "1" and "2" marked on the top. The room was also used by a print maker. Any ideas?

Jon

(scale in inches)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mystery.jpg  
    Last edited by Jon Shiu; 01-22-2011 at 01:02 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: scale
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    anyone have an idea of what these are used for?

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't recognize what they are at first glance, but I see that you live in Elk. My wife and I have been there and fell in love with it. Hope to return some day.
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyMark View Post
    I don't recognize what they are at first glance, but I see that you live in Elk. My wife and I have been there and fell in love with it. Hope to return some day.
    As a trivia note: the highly regarded west coast photographer Edward Weston and his frequent model Charis Wilson were married in Elk many years ago.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well that's just too cool? Do you know specifically where the ceremony took place?
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I think it is described in the preface by Charis in the revised edition of "California and the West" published by Aperture. As I recall reading, they were married by a judge with a wooden leg who was also the town tintype photographer, but I could be mistaken.

Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin