Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,923   Posts: 1,585,006   Online: 1093

Shooter
    Large Format

Zone vi print washer leaking

I just picked up a Zone Vi 20X24 print washer in great condition except that the drain valve on the bottom has a slow leak. Has anyone replaced or fixed this valve and if so with what. Is the hole threaded and if so do you know what size. Thanks.

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm not sure about your valve but if you go to the boating store there is a product that will hold anything and can actually be applied underwater (name escapes me); hope this helps a little as it repaired my zone VI (non-valve)
    Best, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have an 11x14 model, and the drain valve leaked, too. I replaced it with a brass ball valve from the home center. I can't remember the exact size, but it was a common size, probably 1/8-inch pipe thread. Unscrew the plastic valve and take it to the home center and match it up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I will take off the valve and see what I have. I like the ball valve suggestion. Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin