Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,742   Posts: 1,515,596   Online: 946

Shooter
    35mm

is this any good?

I have been out of photo for a while. I have a chance to get a Beseler Dichro 67 S2 with a A Rodenstock 50mm f/2.8 for $115 US. Does this make sense? I have seen some Beseler's for several hundred $$ new....like this one http://www.adorama.com/BEPM67D.html

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    the used market is very soft. Many times one can find better equipment sitting on a curb.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it is in good shape, yes. Check to see if you have negative carriers with it.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is good, if it is in good shape. With respect to the colour head, some of that line require a separate voltage stabilizer transformer unit to function, while others have the transformer built into the head. If there isn't a separate transformer unit, you should check its function before buying.

It may be possible to find it slightly cheaper through resources like craigslist, but that depends on local conditions.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Its a $100. How bad can it be? What do you want to print? If you are strictly a 35mm man, you might want to look out for a Leitz enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IMO it's $100. enlarger, carrier(?) Rodagon.
    If it lights up when you test it it's a reasonable price. If it's local no shipping.

You might be able to beat the price but when? and will it cost to ship it? With the Rodagon included it's fair. Offer the seller $75. & haggle with him. near $100 is good.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you shoot everything 6x7 or smaller, and it is in great condition with some neg carriers, go for it. If you shoot larger formats, I'd wait and get a bigger enlarger. Be sure to check the lens for fungus. Remember that you will need to get another lens and lens board to print medium format film. These things are usually very inexpensive when they come along with an enlarger, but are pricier if purchased separately.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    jfoote, sometimes the best way to get a decent price, is to purchase a whole darkroom setup from someone that doesn't want it, or a family member left them. I have come across some very inexpensive setups for $100 for enlarger, trays, dev. tanks, ect. If you are only printing from a 35mm neg, you have a huge amount of options. Personally, I just purchased a Beseler CB7 with a Dichronic head for $150. Yes, I had to drive two hours to pick it up (I made a shooting day out of it as it was in the desert near Palm Springs), but the CB7 was the Cadillac of the Beseler's 4x5 enlargers. No neg carriers or lenses, but those I have been able to find for a few bucks too. If you get some of the other darkroom equipment that you will need, Go for it!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin