Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,797   Online: 793

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by srmcnamara View Post
    I, uh, just bought a new 16x20 tray?
    Is that the sort of tray with nano coatings?
    Have you seen the light..?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Heiland Splitgrade unit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I imagine it will really help with color processing at home, when I start that again. (It has been some years for me since I was printing color at home; I've not yet done it in my current darkroom.)
    I meant to say color printing at home, not color processing (film implied).
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, to broaden the scope slightly, but still a techno-enhanced thing; I've been thinking about using printouts from D/files to use for burning or dodging. The thought would be to determine the right scale to hold between lens and paper when enlarging, to make a dodging form that years ago would have been made by tracing the image and cutting out of cardboard. The printed form would be exact, and then just need cutting out. I already explore scanned negs in Pshop before investing time in the darkroom, so this would be an additional use of that work flow. Hope this isn't too "D.....L".

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hadeer View Post
    Is that the sort of tray with nano coatings?
    well, it's green and it has those ridges on the bottom so the prints don't get stuck and it has a pouring spout so I don't spill, and--get this--it's got ridges to rest your tongs on so they don't fall in.

Livin' the life, here.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George Collier View Post
    Well, to broaden the scope slightly, but still a techno-enhanced thing; I've been thinking about using printouts from D/files to use for burning or dodging. The thought would be to determine the right scale to hold between lens and paper when enlarging, to make a dodging form that years ago would have been made by tracing the image and cutting out of cardboard. The printed form would be exact, and then just need cutting out. I already explore scanned negs in Pshop before investing time in the darkroom, so this would be an additional use of that work flow. Hope this isn't too "D.....L".
    I know at school our alternative process classes would do this, essentially scanning their small format negs, adjusting contrast and the like to optimize for the process, and then printing them on transparencies for the final print. Maybe we're veering off course here, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am talking only about using the digital output as a manual mask to be used for standard burn/dodging. It provides an accurate outline of the area to be masked or burned in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin