Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,557   Online: 779

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Yet another Jobo Question - this time drums

OK, I was having a look at the drum I have for my jobo. I have a 2840 drum for paper processing, as well as a 4321 35mm drum.

OK, correct me if I am wrong. I should be able to split the 2840 drum into a 2820 drum, that COULD do film. If this is the case, could I use the spiral out of the 4321 35mm drum? What other spirals could I use? What else would I need to use the 2820 drum for both 35mm and 120 film?

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What sort of lids do you have? The print drums use a lid with a large cup inside. This fouls the center column of the file spirals. For film you need a lid with a funnel inside that fits the top of the center column. The cups and funnels can be switched between lids, but it is a pain. You need either the cup or the funnel with the correct center post to keep the tank light tight.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK, thanks for that. I just have the lid with the beaker for th print drum. The lid on the film drum just looks like a standard old lid you would find on any inversion type of drum. In the end, it would probably be best to find a drum for film ready to go

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello !
    The "modern" Jobo series of tanks are labeled :
    28XX for print (big size)
    25XX for film (big size)
    15XX for film (small size)
    The funnel and center core tube for film tanks are the same and can be fitted in 25xx or 15xx tanks. Of course there are various length for the center core to accommodate the small, medium or long tanks.
    So if you own 28XX tanks and 15XX tanks you can swap the 28XX beaker for a 15XX funnel and insert the center core from the 15XX tank not the 28XX and process films instead of paper (and you've made a 25XX tank by doing so).
    This is provided because Jobo standardized the production and reduced the number of different parts.
    Now comes the reels for the film.
    As the diameter of a 25/28XX tank is way bigger than the diameter of the 15XX tank, you will have to use different spools for film. They are called 250X fir the big tanks and 150X for the small tanks.
    As you've to put as much chemical as to wet up to the axe of the drum when horizontal, it is wise to use the smaller diameter spools for film in order to spare chemistry. So you'd better process 135 or 120 film in the 15XX series tank instead of the 25XX tank...
    Of course if you want to process 4x5 sheet film, you're obliged to use the 2509 spool which only fits the 25/28XX tanks...
    Hope this is clear enough ;-)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin