Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,692   Posts: 1,482,411   Online: 690

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Arkay RC Dryer... need manual

I've been googling and cannot find this info....
    The school's print dryer is not working (heats up, but rollers do not turn). Does anyone have a manual (or url to one) that shows the "guts" of this machine?
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not trying to be snappy here, but until you find a broken proprietary part, and have a means to get another replacement one by quoting some catalog number from the manual, who needs a manual?

Just unplug it, take it apart and see what appears to be wrong.

I take things apart all the time without a manual.

If it is a new object to me, I use care, and when the desired effect is not obtained, I carefully partially reassemble before I start to dis-assemble the o object from a different 'direction'.

I suspect that if you have a belt drive that is no longer being drives, then there are but a handful of options:

The motor no longer is working; does the shaft appear to turn i.e are the bearings seized up - this can usually be fixed with some clean out and re-lubrication

If the motor uses brushes - then the brush graphite has worn too short. Sometimes this can damage the commutator, and that is a pain. Most times new brushes will bring the moto back to life.

The motor may have an integral gear train that is bound up and stuck - unlikley, but a bit of solvent then relube can reduce resistance and allow shaded pole motor type to run again.

The motor output will be a quite small shaft with high rotational speed, and likely rather small amounts of torque.

The belt/print moving screen will move slowly with quite low rotational , and present some friction that will need torque to overcome.

So there will be some sort of speed reducing gear train or drive belt system to sort out the conversions out.

A possibility is a (rubber/leather/nylon backed toothed) drive belt (there may be more than one, although unlikely) is gone from old age, or from being burned through if something became jammed and prevented the belt from moving.

I guess this sort of curiousity in me came from fixing things with experience absorbed along the way.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, I am NOT accustomed to taking things apart, therefore the manual was necessary to help in that. Thanks to someone else, I did get a manual which contains instructions on how to get in the machine and how to check for various problems. THAT is what I needed....
    "So I am turning over a new leaf but the page is stuck". Diane Arbus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin