Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,631   Online: 875

Thread: alum plates

Shooter
    4x5 Format

alum plates

hi all
    i am not sure where this sould go so please move it if it in the wrong place.
    i was down at a large printing place to use their densitometerand the owner took me down to their old darkromm and asked if any of the left over materials had any value. i haven't takena inventory but wanted to ask if any of the folling item can be of any use to anyone here, kodak alum plates ton's of several dif sizes of them . i belive are printing plates, very thin photoplates ? could they be used for alt process, i read from time to time people use alum to print on? also many different types and colors of material kind like ruby lith. i got the impression that they just want to get rid of it all not just sell it . tho i do belive it has value as scrap metal.
    what could this stuff be use for.
    mitch
    mitch brown

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mitch:

Post a link to this in the Alternative Processes forum.

In addition, the Ruby Lith has all sorts of uses in a regular darkroom.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    i didn't see any ruby lith just other types of colored film in bule green and yellow.
    mitch
    mitch brown

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is the location of the plant?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin