Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,496   Online: 1136

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Drat - the small 70mm Nikor tank just misses being big enough for the Hewes reel (see pic). The search for a tank continues.

I do also have the massive Nikor 3-nesting-tanks-with agitator-lid set but haven't picked up a 35mm reel for it yet. Just have the 16mm and what was purported to be 70mm but measures more like 120 (which would be weird to have that much length of 120 width film!) plus the loader.

Duncan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gordrob View Post
    I use a set of three Nikor tanks for processing the long rolls of 35mm film from my Canon 100 frame back. The inside diameter of the Nikor tanks I have are 6 7/8 inches. I dry the film on the roll in a small film drying cabinet with air blowing gently through the bottom of the reel. Some of the Nikor reels have an agitator that goes in the center of the reel to allow the film to be moved up and down in the solution for agitation. Nikor did not recommend rotating the reel very much as it would cause the outer edge of the film to develop at a different rate than at the center.
    Nikor also made larger reels for 28', 50' and 100' of film that were 10" to 17" in diameter.
    When you said you had a set of 3 tanks, I was picturing the standard Nikor long-roll nesting tanks with one lid - they aren't daylight tanks, in that you need the lights off when you transfer the lid/reel from one tank to the next. But now I've come across this Nikor rig and wonder if that's what you meant instead. It's a hair under 7", and 100 exposures fits perfectly on the reel. I got two of these tanks and just one lid, and sadly the lid fits neither tank :-(

Duncan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin