Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,879   Online: 1033

Thread: Process type

Shooter
    35mm

Process type

hello evry one

i found these films in B&H

first one

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...00_135_36.html

i want to now , what the Process type for this film ? can i develope in C-41 ?? and i need to now are thes film good for landscape or not

second film

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...fessional.html

also , can i develope this film in C-41 like any C-41 films ??

because , iam loking for a landscape film and can Process in C-41
    thanks to all

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are both conventional B&W films so you can't process them in C41 chemistry.

Your best choice is Ilford XP2 Plus for a B&W film that can be C41 processed.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Man from moon,

Both these films are Black and White negative films. They can not be processed in C-41. There are B&W films that can be processed in C-41 like Kodak BW400CN or Ilford XP2.

Daniel King

Shooter
    35mm

i have right now ilford xp2 , but i feel Fujifilm Neopan Acros Better than

Especially in landscape

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Personally I prefer conventional films to chromogenic - XP2/BW400CN, and so yes Acros would be much better but ideally you should process it yourself, which is very easy.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Man from moon View Post

i have right now ilford xp2 , but i feel Fujifilm Neopan Acros Better than

Especially in landscape

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Personally I prefer conventional films to chromogenic - XP2/BW400CN, and so yes Acros would be much better but ideally you should process it yourself, which is very easy.

Ian
    yes , its very easy , i watch Several videos about film developing , and the Tools very cheap also, but i cant find the Chemicals and developing time for each film

EX: ilford HP5 , ilford delta 3200 , Kodak tri-x 400

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get some Kodak D-76 or any clone _76, or Moersh chems, and check the massive developing chart on digitaltruth.com for times and temps.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    ok guys

i well buy the Fuji Neopan 100 Acros

but in b&h says : Can be processed in Fuji or Kodak film developer - check instructions for development times

when i give him to lab , Do ask him for a specific developer , for best result ,? or any developer ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The lab will either have a single, general purpose black and white developer or will be more of a custom lab that offers a choice.

The thing to do is to talk to the lab before you buy your film, or if you cannot do that, before you expose it. The lab will most likely have a good idea what works well with their general purpose process or, if they offer custom services, will be able to give you advice on what might work best for someone with your equipment and level of experience.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin