Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,310   Online: 873

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thermometers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Try B&H they are not bad. I think you are going over board with this accurate stuff. why digital. plain dial darkroom thermometer from any photo store. Paterson I think has one. remember the KISS. keep it simple stupid.
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use old-school mercury thermometer, waiting to see something more precise!
    Have some friends who found their digital or "photo" grade thermometers are off by up to 2 ~ 5° C ... ouch
    There is no evidence whatsoever, that electric/digital thermometers rely on capacitors, resistors and other stable parts that holds their data value over time, so they are supposed to shift their reading in one direction or another, day after day..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not buy a lab thermometer like this one? Very precise and not extremely expensive. Check it against and note the deviation of a cheap thermometer. Store the precise in a secure place and work with the cheap one. Check again every 6 months.

Maybe you know someone working in a lab? Normally they get a good rebate

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by traveller View Post
    Why not buy a lab thermometer like this one? Very precise and not extremely expensive. Check it against and note the deviation of a cheap thermometer. Store the precise in a secure place and work with the cheap one. Check again every 6 months.

Maybe you know someone working in a lab? Normally they get a good rebate
    They say the length is 460mm.

Holy smokes!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Precision and being able to read the scala without a loupe has a price. And you only need it to control your other thermometers.

In the meantime I have seen there is another thread where everything is summed up real good Link

Shooter
    Multi Format

I love my DeltaTrak Auto-Cal Digital Pocket Probe...

...less than $40 and accurate to ±0.5°C
    http://www.professionalequipment.com...-thermometers/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin