Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,465   Online: 1193

Shooter
    Medium Format

Jobo 1520 wrong top (cog) use rotation?

Hello all, I ordered a used jobo 1520 that came with the wrong top. Came with a cog top to be used for rotation on a processor, which I do not own. I wanted to inversion top and cap, which I am now hunting for.
    My question is, can I temporarily do hand rotation with this tank vs inversion/agitation for a couple of rolls or will they likely be ruined if I do? I am anxious to develop my first few B&W reels but can wait if I am just going to screw something up.

If you think its fine to do rotation, does anyone have any recommendations on rotations and fluid volume for the 1520 with 1 roll of 120 film?

Thanks!
    Jake

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello !
    The lid of the tank has a pinion on it's top ? If yes, you could use a cork to seal the hole in order to use the tank by inversion.
    And, provided you buy the orange lid, carefully remove the pinion (which is inserted by force) and use the orange lid to close the tank.
    BEWARE the plastic is thin and brittle so if you want to remove the pinion you'd better cut it loose than applying brute force to remove it and risk breaking the top cap !
    Hope this helps

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    From the information printed on the side of my 1520 tank:
    For rotation, use 240ml (round up to 250ml)
    For inversion, use 485ml (round up to 500ml)

If you want to do inversion processing, wear a vinyl/nitrile glove when covering the top and you should be fine. The lid has an internal baffle that acts as a light trap (or rather, it should).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good information about rotation and inversion. Jobo parts can be ordered seperately, at least in Germany. So an exchange to a red lid should be possible.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am happy to swap one top with lid with you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No problem. I have a few red lid (Jobo p/n 03046) left.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin