Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,099   Online: 879

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Are you planning on printing these using traditional (wet) photo process? Otherwise you are at the mercy of whatever scanning hardware and software was used to make the CD.
    Actually you're at the mercy of the operator, just like with a printer.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Man from moon View Post
    thanks you very Mach

i show the photo in a seravel screen (ELD Screen , CRT) and No improvement

gays , i think the problem in the scan only , not from me or Process or film , see photo number 3 , i make a 100% crop to show you the spots in the sky

and see this photo (100% crop)

and the problem its in my city we have only one lap make Process and scan

I am thinking to buy a film Scan (like a plustek 7600) but iam Afraid to spend my money on the scan and the relay problem in the Process

are you recommended with me ?
    The pattern in your photo is from sharpened noise, it isn't grain, the grain is not resolved in that image, shoot me a PM or post on DPUG.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stillsilver View Post
    One thing that is also the problem is the contrast level of your scenes. You are asking too much from your film. Without hand printing it will be impossible to get shadow AND highlight detail. For the first shots if you can go back and shoot very early in the a.m. or late in the p.m. try that. For building interior, try shooting those scenes on overcast days.

Mike
    Quite possible for both scanning and printing, but as you said, by hand, not by a shop/minilab/etc.

Eg,

Plain Sunset by athiril, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    put a digital photo of your negatives backlit, such as taped to a window or something. No telling if it's the negatives or the scans at this point. Get a little closer than I did.

Sort of like this:
    It's scan clipping (software/operator), highlights on a C-41 neg arent going to blow out like that, even my Ektar at least overexposed 4 stops accidentally, still held detail in the highlights like that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    Just for a clear contrast in handling tones. Here is what happens when you can develop your own B&W film. Bright sun and deep shadows? No problem.

Kodak TMY2 with PMK developer. Epson scanner, epson & gimp software. All very standard, inexpensive, and common stuff. I am not trying to boast, but most normal labs do a serious injustice to B&W photography with bad scans, bad prints, etc... Anyone who can be 80% right on exposure time and follow basic directions for developing can make nice B&W exposures. I had lots of experience with B&W, but this was one of my first shots using PMK developer, so I was just following instructions like a new student during the critical step of developing.
    Yeah, I agree B&W is better than chromogenic B&W, but chromogenic is a standardised process, all he has to learn correct exposure, then give it a little more (can take much more, but obviously difficulty printing, and will have serious scan noise), C-41 holds highlights to the moon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin