Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,048   Online: 751

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got an old electric can opener somewhere that I thought would make a good base for a tray rocker... it seemed to have a low enough RPM speed and I imagine, decent torque ( hey it opens steel cans) so should be able to lift the end of a tray up and down a bit. My thought was to have an elliptical roller under the tray to lift it up and down, but have never gotten around to trying to make it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well done, YoungRichard- I'll have to pluck up the bandwidth to watch the video (dial-up) , but I had a similar moment of clarity after I diss-assembled an otherwise dead VCR.(That's Video Cassette Recorder,to the technically advanced). The mechanism which propelled the tape in and out of the machine has a nice little 12v motor and all the gearing to give a lovely gentle to-and fro motion to a dish or tank.
    I think I will hook it out and see what happens..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin