Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,136   Online: 1054

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I worked in a commercial B&W lab and the only thing we kept is the Fixer. It was the last tray and it was the biggest. We put a cover on it at the end of the day. All the printers needed to make a big batch of developer when they come in the morning and pass it along the other printing rooms to dilute 1:2. Stop was plain H20.

I did what you did at a home garage darkroom but I put plastic right on top of the chemicals. Oxidization occurs...when chems hit oxygen. So minimize the oxygen by covering right on top.

Well, that got messy and it was okay for a month or 2. So I bit the bullet and got an Nova vertical. They are worth every penny and the darkroom footprint comes out so much smaller.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks all for your insights, help, and guidance. It was exactly what I needed!!

I am finding with each new realm of the B&W world I explore, I come up with new questions. My newest questions concern the best places online to purchase b&w films, papers, and chemicals. I will start a new thread in this category. Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated! Thanks again for all the help!

Huram

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin