Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,664   Online: 1098

Jobo easy running rollers

From time to time I see ads for Jobo easy running rollers. The rollers are advertised as saving wear on the motors in the processors. Has anyone used the easy running rollers, and might they provide their comments? Is there any real difference from the processing carried out with the standard rollers?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Processing is the same. The easy running rollers are a bit quieter. They have a metal axle the roller runs on, as opposed to the molded in plastic (nylon?) standard rollers. This will spread out the weight of the drum over the width of the roller, compared to the weight being concentrated just where the molded axle contacts the mounting bracket.

Thanks Dave...if one uses the expert drums, TWO sets of rollers are invovled. I intend to change the ones nearest to the transfer gear...would you consider changing both? My Jobo serial number is well above 24,000 so I do have the improved motor and circuitry.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I assume you mean the black rubber Jobo 92167 Easy-running roller (s.p.) Jobo publication sheet 06097 (86 298) shows them being used with all drums. I use or have used them with the following drums: 3005 8x10 film, 3010 4x5 film, 3062 7x17 film, 2560-2830 7x17 film, 2850 7x17 film, 1530 120mm film. I find them quieter and smoother running than the white plastic rollers. I hope that means less wear and longer life.

I have only changed the pair closest to the lift.

John Powers

Thanks John...much appreciate the advice.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Because of the scarcity of these as new products, I am considering making my own using my machining lathe. I have never seen some in person, so can someone tell me if the roller itself is rubber or hard plastic?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Because of the scarcity of these as new products, I am considering making my own using my machining lathe. I have never seen some in person, so can someone tell me if the roller itself is rubber or hard plastic?
    You could make a small fortune on ebay making these I would think. I'd definately be interested in a set, I just paid $50 for two sets of rollers and arms.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The axle is easy enough, but I still need to know if the roller is rubber or plastic. If it is rubber, then I can use a neoprene tube cut to length. If it is plastic, then I think UHMW Polyethelyne would be very smooth rolling.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The (silent) black rollers are hard rubber, the (less silent) white rollers are some kind of plastic.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin