Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,008   Online: 866

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kienzle enlargers and equipment (including 4x5")

I'm a De Vere enlarger user but I was intrigued to come across the Kienzle web site again recently, specifically noting the company appears to manufacture a 4x5" model. Is anyone here familiar with the Kienzle products?

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've also been curious about Kienzle. I don't know much about them, but I came across the name in a recent issue of one of the photo magazines in an article about one of the major industry shows (maybe it was photokina, can't remember). The article mentioned Kienzle was pretty much the only darkroom equipment manufacturer present aside from Patterson, and certainly the only enlarger manufacturer present. Apparently they also sell parts for Leitz focomat enlargers. Supposedly Kienzle equipment is top grade, but I have no first hand experience. I was particularly interested in their easels, which appear to be a higher quality alternative to whatever is left out there at this point.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A small, but fine German producer of well manufactured enlargers. And the only one remaining!
    Very solid products.
    And they do repairs on other enlargers.
    And they are very customer friendly by all means.

And: I haven´t got one so far!
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder how much the C120 "compact" 4x5 model costs and what the full spec is?

Tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It will be expensive but it may survive us all.... To my knowledge, these enlargers have the best possible reputation.
    Ask there:
    http://www.kienzle-phototechnik.de/h...t/contact.html
    Mr. Kienzle will be delighted to answer all your questions.
    Best Frank

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I do own an 6x9 Kienzle enlarger bought new on the Photokina in 2006. The price for the enlarger was about 1.800 € with the Heiland Splitgrade Controller included.
    Build quality is at top level, very solid, build for a lifetime.
    As far as I can remember the prices in 2006 for the 4x5 inch was around 3000 € (without the splitgrade controller).
    Maybe the do also sell second hand enlarger for a better price.
    But I think the best is to contact Mr Kienzle diretly by mail (kienzle-phototechnik@t-online.de).
    He will give you all the details and prices.

Best regards,

Serge

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Assuming these enlargers are of the quality described it is a shame they are not better known in the United Kingdom.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think they are well known in the Americas either. Too bad. But in the end as good as they might be they are likely way out of my price range.

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with the other Kienzle customers. Two years ago I bought some spareparts for my Focomat IIC from Kienzle, some directly from the shelf and some custom made. Everything worked out just fine with top quality products and good order on paperwork and freight handling. Ask them about your problems as they seem to have information about more products than listed on their web-page. Just have some patience as e-mail answers may take a day or two, but they will come.

Karl-Gustaf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by K-G View Post
    I agree with the other Kienzle customers. Two years ago I bought some spareparts for my Focomat IIC from Kienzle, some directly from the shelf and some custom made. Everything worked out just fine with top quality products and good order on paperwork and freight handling. Ask them about your problems as they seem to have information about more products than listed on their web-page. Just have some patience as e-mail answers may take a day or two, but they will come.

Karl-Gustaf
    I think I've seen a reference somewhere to Kienzle print washers in addition to the enlargers.

Tom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin