Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,872   Posts: 1,520,113   Online: 870

Shooter
    Holga

meopta opemus 3 problem

Hi to everybody, I purchased for a couple of euros a meopta opemus 3. At the beginning everything looked and seemed ok but I noticed that the box which contains the enlarger there is a traslucent glass broken in half. What is it for? It can be replaced?

Thx in advance

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to APUG.

I think this is your enlarger: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3484686...2319/lightbox/

The translucent glass - I think it is designed to fit in-between the negative and the lamp and it's name is diffusion glass. This may be what you need:

http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlineca...Productid=1935

But it's only a guess. Hopefully someone who knows your enlarger will be able to reply with a more informative post.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Holga
    Thx Steve, that's my enlarger. Do you think it's possible to use something else to diffuse light?

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, I'm sure you can. I hope that someone more knowledgeable than me will reply soon.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    I have an opemus 6 enlarger, the piece of ground glass that came with my enlarger is also broken, but it is not essentiial, I never used it, If I needed a diffuser I would use some form of plastic diffuser in the filter draw,such as the back of some slide file sheets that I have, I checked them out and they work fine, any form of diffuser will work,Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am a former Opemus user. The one I bought (an Opemus 6) came without the diffusion glass and the enlarger was still perfectly usable. Prints were just a little contrastier as it was a "pure" condenser enlarger.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin