Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,435   Online: 1115

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Here are a couple pictures of what I mean. There is a flow meter in the system, but that can be omitted. This is the setup I used for the film washing thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Davis-1.jpg   Davis-2.jpg  
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Images
    Good Morning,

Ditto to the comment on the Wat-Air. The one I most frequently use can take two 120 reels/4 35mm reels; I also have a rarely-used larger one which has about twice that capacity. Another effective one is the Pro-Spec which uses a fill/dump siphoning action. Mine's big enough to take three 120 reels. It also works very well.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm RF
    my method is simple buy 16 oz of yogurt in a plastic jar, eat the contents, dump the lid, punch 10 holes in a jar, put your film in it and open a faucet, if you need more that that do another jar and stack it on top, cheap and effective.
    Multum egerunt, qui ante nos fuerunt, sed non peregedunt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vedmak View Post
    my method is simple buy 16 oz of yogurt in a plastic jar, eat the contents, dump the lid, punch 10 holes in a jar, put your film in it and open a faucet, if you need more that that do another jar and stack it on top, cheap and effective.
    Wow, that's exactly what I have...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the Gravity Works washer made for up to 4x5 (comes with a slotted holder that holds 10 sheets). Take the holder out and you can wash at least 4 reels. I stick in a 1000cc tank to take up space when doing 1 or 2 reels. It fills and dumps (about every minute), so a complete change. I give 8 minutes for film after TF4.
    I don't think they are made currently, but you might find one. They are great. You can still see it on the B&H site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am using a soak and dump method.

Fill the tank, invert three times, let set 5 minutes, dump.

Fill the tank, invert three times, let set 10 minutes, dump.

Fill the tank, invert three times, let set 20 minutes, dump.

You can do your darkroom housekeeping chores while it is setting.

My total processing for one or two rolls (one reel) of 120 film take about a gallon of water. Unfortunately, since I have only been doing it that way for about a month, I do not have any longevity data on the method.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I forget the brand of washer I have, but it's a clear plastic tube with a black plastic base. There's a water inlet hose that runs to the faucet and attaches to the base, and there are ducts allowing water to enter the tube, and outlets on the sides of the base as well. It's pretty efficient, set to just enough water flow so that the water spills over the top and very mild aeration of the water in the cylinder occurs. It will wash up to four rolls of 120 (I think - it's been a while since I used it - maybe only three).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I have a hose from the faucet that I use with a short piece of stainless steel tube on the end that fits down into the center of my reels so water is pushed from the bottom of the tank up. You may want to try the same for very little money.

That's exactly what I do and it works a treat.You don't need anything fancy.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vedmak View Post
    Done tat too when I have a lot of full reels. I use larger plastic tubs though. But trust me, none of my film washer setups have ever cost me more than a couple of bucks at most.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow - lots of great ideas here guys. Keep 'em coming.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin