Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,769   Online: 972

Shooter
    Sub 35mm

Beseler 67c missing condensor

I just came into possession of a Beseler 67c for nest to nothing. When I got it home I realized that the label inside the head has a diagram showing two 4'' condensers and an "auxiliary condenser for 35mm and smaller" however there is only one 4'' condenser installed.

I have found a second 4" on ebay but cannot locate a 35mm condenser. I haven't been able to try yet (I need to get a bulb later this week) but I'm wondering if the third condenser is absolutely necessary for printing 35mm. Or even what happens with only the one 4''.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The extra 35mm condenser is not necessary - just handy.

It shortens exposures, by concentrating the light.

You do need the other two though - unless you obtain a dichroic colour or variable contrast head to replace the entire assembly.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I believe i have one from a beseler that i took apart for parts, but kept the condensors. If you decide you want one just pm me. I kept the whole set
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Thanks for the response.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin