Ilford Ilfochrome 9x9 cm filter for B&W multigrade, how do i use them?
I recently went looking for a basic set of above lens filters for B&W multigrade contrast variation.
Despite my best judgement and a nagging doubt, i was sold a set of Ilford Ilfochrome 9x9cm (3 1/2" x 3 1/2") filter set, which includes yellow, cyan and magenta plastic filters in graduations of 0.05 --> 0.1 --> 0.2 --> 0.3 --> 0.4 --> 0.5 for all three colours plus a UV filter.
There are no instructions in the (new) box
My questions are these:-
1. Have i been sold a colour set, despite explicitly stating i was only printing B&W
2. Do the graduations 0.1 --> 0.5 correspond to a number 1 --> number 5 filter?
3. How do i know how much longer to expose for the denser filters
4. I understand yellow decreases contrast, magenta increases contrast, but what is the cyan one for?
5. Why is there a UV filter?
Thanks for replies in advance
Those are colour filters, while it would be possible to use them it would be rather impractical. The markings are useless for =B&W work.
The proper MG B&W filters are so easy to use you'd be better off finding a set, they aren't expensive.
i suspected so, thanks for the reply